When you engage PLC, you’re asking us to step in to perform your duties according to your policy of insurance. We complete this checklist of duties, step by step, until your claim is closed.
Our method involves:
The following items the issured is obligated to perform as per stipulations in the policy of insurance. When you engage PLC, we performs these items on your behalf.
- Notice: The insured must give prompt notice of loss to the agent or insurance company. If the loss involves theft the insured must notify the police. In theft involving credit cards the insured must notify the credit card company.
- Protection: The insured is required to protect the property from further damage.
- Inventory: The next requirement is for the insured to prepare an inventory of damaged personal property. The insurance policy requires that the insured state the quantity, description, actual cash value, and amount of loss.
- Access: The insured is required to allow access to the insurance company so they can see the damage.
- Records: The insured is required to provide any requested records including tax returns that are pertinent to the loss.
- Examination Under Oath: The insured is required to submit to an examination under oath at the insurer’s request.
- Proof of Loss: The insured is required by the policy to submit a proof of loss within 60 days of the insurer’s request.
- Additional Living Expense Receipts: The insured is required to document all additional costs with receipts.
- Assistance: The insured is required to cooperate with the insurance company regarding enforcement of right of recovery against a third party who may have caused or contributed to the loss.
*Professional Loss Consultants recommends that policyholders read their own insurance policies to obtain a full understanding of their duties following a loss.